You data are safe at RHIEM!
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and strictly adhere to all requirements under data protection law. With this document, we would like to inform you about our data protection measures. As a visitor to our website, we wish to inform you about the type of data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how you can decide at any time how your personal data is collected and used.
II. What happens when you visit our website?
Upon access to our website, certain data might be stored on servers owned by RHIEM or a technical service provider operating on behalf of RHIEM. In certain cases, this information might include details regarding your browser and browser version, the operating system and IP address of your computer and the URLs of previously visited pages, as well as the time and date of the server request, etc. This data could possibly lead to your identification. We collect, process and use this data to allow you access to our website (establishment of connection), to ensure system security and to manage our network infrastructure.
This website uses Google Analytics. For details, see section IV.
On request, we will inform you free of charge of the personal data stored on our system and associated with you or your pseudonym. To obtain this information just send an e-mail to info(at)rhiem.com. You are entitled by law to demand that your personal data stored by us is corrected, blocked or deleted.
III. What data is stored by us, and for which purpose?
We only collect personal data voluntarily disclosed by you when filling in our contact form or when ordering additional services (e.g. newsletter subscription). You therefore have the choice not to disclose any personal data. All data obtained from you is used exclusively for the processing of your request and is deleted after the statutory period of storage under tax and other commercial law has elapsed, unless you have expressly consented to its further use. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your e-mail address to send you promotional mailings until you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
We offer the following additional services:
- Newsletter containing information on our latest offers
- Participation in competitions
Please note that your consent for the disclosure of your personal data is given electronically on the website. Your consent is logged. Should you at a later time decide that you do no longer wish to receive any of the above services, you can withdraw you consent at any time with immediate effect. To do this, simply send a message to info(at)rhiem.com or write to RHIEM Group, Gildeweg 10, 46562 Voerde, Germany.
Please proceed accordingly, if you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter or our promotional e-mails. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in all our e-mail messages.
IV. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent from our server to your browser the moment you access a page of our website. By their nature, cookies can only contain information that has been sent by us to your computer. They cannot be used to read private data from your system. This means that, if you accept cookies from our website, we have no access to your personal data. Cookies enable us however to identify the browser you are using to view our web pages.
- To remember any preferences you may have given the website (e.g. language)
- To offer you specific additional services, e.g. display in your language, personalized content, etc.
- To further improve our website to meet the needs of our customers
This website uses Google Analytics., a web analytics service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
For computers that are shared by multiple users and that accept computer cookies and flash cookies, we recommend that you always log out before leaving the workstation.
Furthermore, you can prevent the compilation of data (including your IP address) through cookies and website use by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: Google-Tool.
As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out applies only for the browser in which you set it and within this domain). An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you will have to click this link again, if you delete your cookies.
V. Your rights
You have, at any time, the right to be informed of the personal data stored by us, its origin and the recipient, as well as the purpose of the storage. In addition you have the right to demand blocking or deletion of this personal information. To do this, simply send a message to info(at)rhiem.com or write to RHIEM Group, Gildeweg 10, 46562 Voerde, Germany.
VI. Disclosure to third parties
We do not sell data stored by us. Information obtained by us is not disclosed to third parties, except for the following purposes:
- To provide the necessary data to other companies or business partners who have been contracted by us to fulfill certain services on our behalf, for example for the organization of an event, the dispatch of letters and e-mails, the maintenance of our contact lists, the analysis of our database and the roll-out of promotional campaigns. These service providers are given access to the personal data they need to fulfill their tasks. They are however not allowed to use the data for any other purpose. In addition, they are obliged to handle and process the data according to our data protection policy and German data protection law.
- We have entered into agreements with carefully selected mail order companies, brand manufacturers and publishing houses, who from time to time will send you promotional material. For such marketing purposes, we only disclose data for which such a transfer is permitted by law (generally publicized data and data summarized in lists according to § 28 paragraph 3 no. 3 (former version) and § 47 no. 2 (latest version) of the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and § 28 paragraph 3 sections 2 and 4 (latest version) of the German Federal Data Protection Act.
- We will also disclose your personal data, if we are legally obliged to do so, or if disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights of those of third parties.
- If you subscribe to the RHIEM newsletter, we will use the data submitted by you upon registration for the purpose of sending you our newsletter. These details are not made available to third parties, with the exception of partner companies that have been contracted by us for the dispatch of our newsletter. In this case, the scope of the data disclosed to our partner companies is limited to what is actually required by them to perform their task. Our data protection policy meets the requirements of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act.
In all cases, we shall inform you in advance, if we intend to make your personal data available to a third party, so that you have the option to refuse consent.
VII. Use of Facebook Social Plugins
Our website uses social plugins (“plugins”) provided by the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identifiable by a Facebook logo (white letter f on blue background or a thumb icon) or the notice “Facebook Social Plugin”.
When you visit a page of our website that contains a social plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Facebook servers. Facebook directly transfers the plugin content to your browser which embeds the latter into the website,
enabling Facebook to receive information about your having accessed the respective page of our website. In general, we have deactivated this function on our web pages. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking “Like”, or entering a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and stored by it.
If you are a Facebook member and do not want Facebook to connect the data concerning your visit to our website with your member data already stored by Facebook, please log off Facebook before entering our website.
VIII. Data security
In order to prevent the loss or misuse of personal data stored by us, we have taken comprehensive technical and organizational security measures that are regularly revised and updated as required. To protect your data, we use 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA25, TLS 1.2) encryption. This encryption algorithm is being used successfully throughout the World Wide Web. Most browsers indicate by means of a symbol (closed padlock) whether the connection is secured or unsecured.
All personal data (name, address, credit card number, etc.) is transferred on the Internet through secured connections in encrypted format.
This means that the data can only be decrypted by our own servers. During transfer, the information cannot be read by unauthorized parties!
Please remember however that anyone transmitting personal data via the Internet must take precautions to protect it, be it through encryption or other measures.
IX. Google Remarketing